Searching pennies, mighta have an error?

Kevinrose.1

Jul 13, 2017
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAECB4CD-6AF5-4E72-AE59-36221ADCE572.jpeg 30447F4D-DB59-43CA-B5D6-EACDE358BB99.jpeg was searching coins. Not sure how to judge whether or not it’s an error or anything.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It helps to tell us what you see. If you're talking about the weak "trust", then yes, it's slightly struck through grease. Not really any added value.

OP
OP
K

Kevinrose.1

Jul 13, 2017
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my only knowledge of coin collecting is that wheat pennies are sometimes worth more than face value. Steel pennies are from the war.(WW2) Morgan’s are worth a lot more than a dollar. And most change before 1964 contains some silver. I haven’t read any books for lack of funding and I read online and youtube as much as possible. Since I started collecting coins a year or so ago. With the finding of my first error nickel that’s off center. And the rim looks pressed twice. Double die? But to answer your question, yes it is about the “T” in “Trust”

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful with you tube, there is so much misinformation on there about coins that it is ridiculous. The rim that looks doubled has nothing to do with a doubled die, that is the result of a misaligned die or being slightly off center. For starters get hold of the redbook, a great source of information on US coins. You can usually find one that is a few years old at a great price.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Kevin: suggest you get a current edition of the US RED BOOK, will give you nearly all the info you need to get started. Older editions are out there, cheaper is you can't afford the $19.95

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the Radbook great thing to have

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Be careful with you tube, there is so much misinformation on there about coins that it is ridiculous. The rim that looks doubled has nothing to do with a doubled die, that is the result of a misaligned die or being slightly off center. For starters get hold of the redbook, a great source of information on US coins. You can usually find one that is a few years old at a great price.

Don't forget that Partial Collar Strikes and Clashed Collars can contribute to Doubled Rims as well.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After revisiting this topic it appears to me the T was struck through grease.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread