What's new

Second two cent piece of the year.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
356
Reaction score
1,477
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got lucky with my second two cent piece this year. Both 1864 and both from the same park. Got in a quick 90 minute hunt before rain showers sent me packing. Did manage a couple of indian head cents (1888 & 1907) and a 1915-D wheatie before digging the two center. Just once I'd like to dig one of these without one side having the green crust on it !
 

Attachments

  • 2centc.webp
    2centc.webp
    969.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 2centb.webp
    2centb.webp
    144.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 2centa.webp
    2centa.webp
    109.1 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 32
Nice find again. I assume the green stuff side was laying down.
 
Hey, be glad you have one side and a date. My only two center was green corrosion all over. Initially I could only ID it as a coin because I could see a few denticles, lol. Nice find anyway.
 
Last edited:
Nice find, great detail on the one side! :occasion14:
 
I'd take one with that green crust on it, still looking for my first. Lol
Congrats!!
 
I'm still looking for my first!
Congrats.
 
Great detail on the reverse side of that coin. I never get tired of seeing those come out of the ground.
 
Incredible how one side is really nice and the other side is kaput.
Congrats on your second 2 center.
I'm still lookin for my first.
 
Congrats on the 2 center I think they are a pretty coin
 
Love those big coppers...their may be a third? Good luck!.
 
Great finds my friend! That 2-center looks like it would be in awesome shape without the crud! PM me if you are thinking about a trip down to Seated..

-- Jeff --
 
Congrats on the two center Ed. Mine always seem to have the crust too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom