invent4hir
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2017
- Messages
- 2,316
- Reaction score
- 3,897
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Whites V3i & DFX
- Primary Interest:
- Other
>>> This was posted about 15 minutes ago, then when I did a browser re-fresh it went away; puzzling <<<
All, I found this iron artifact near the former home of a War of 1812 officer where several hand wrought pieces of a single tree were dug. The hole in the center of the third picture goes all the way through the stem. Any help w/ ID and/or age would be appreciated.
Edit: Though difficult to see in the first picture, the stem has a few threads.
All, I found this iron artifact near the former home of a War of 1812 officer where several hand wrought pieces of a single tree were dug. The hole in the center of the third picture goes all the way through the stem. Any help w/ ID and/or age would be appreciated.
Edit: Though difficult to see in the first picture, the stem has a few threads.
Attachments
Last edited:


While my first thought is that it is too heavy duty for that purpose, I'll definitely look into it.








