What's new

Series 1899 US silver certificate

kipper

Greenie
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rome New York
Detector(s) used
Garretts all the time
A lady from church had this in a little box of her dad's stuff, any idea of value?
It is 7 1/2 inches long and 3 inches wide

also have a July 2nd 1923 Ottawa One dollar bill form the Dominion of Canada and a small 25 cent bill. I welcome all comments.
Thanks Kip...:)
 

Attachments

  • jans buck 1.webp
    jans buck 1.webp
    131.5 KB · Views: 918
  • jansbuck2.webp
    jansbuck2.webp
    107 KB · Views: 870
The folds on it are kind of bad. But the color is awesome. I've always wanted one of those. Check ebay for a similar bill for value.
 
for being over 100 years old it doesn't look that bad. Probably be considered "good". try a place called "coin community forum". they have a paper money section also, and some very knowlegeble people.
 
This is the 'popular' "Black Eagle Note" with the vignette officially known as "Eagle of the Capital".
The 2008 "Official Red Book" shows value at $125 in VG-8 condition.
The 25 cent bill is called 'fractional currency'. Is is US or Canadian? Any pic available?
 
Awesome find.....are you planning on keeping it? :icon_scratch:
 
The folds don't look terrible, I think it's in pretty good shape. NICE!!
 
Cool. 8) I always liked the artwork on these big old bills.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom