What's new

Servants and pennies

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
These are today's finds. At the top of the picture is a solid piece of bronze, function who knows. Next a worn late medieval jeton, a copper penny of George V, looks like 1926. Also what looks like maybe a buckle, had plenty of these things before ( not sure they are buckles though). Once again another 17th/18th century nipple button. Then a livery button 18th/19th century. These were worn by servants such as coachmen employed by gentry. The device on the button is very nice. And another short cross hammered silver penny, late 12th/ early 13th century. The coin is well worn, and must have passed through a lot of hands. Robert.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8734.webp
    IMG_8734.webp
    270.9 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 24
Maybe a copper bead for a necklace, it could be quite old, it is hard to tell fro the picture.
 
Great finds I love seeing your finds sounds like there is lots of old history and some amazing finds there in England!!! Thanks for sharing your finds
 
It's half of a Tudor Swivel. Hardly ever find them whole.

Your hammered run continues....
 
It's half of a Tudor Swivel. Hardly ever find them whole.

Your hammered run continues....
Hello Cru, cheers, yes still hitting hammered coins. Thinking about getting a bigger coil for the Deus. Wonder if Regtons will do a px, with my standard coil.
 
Hello Cru, cheers, yes still hitting hammered coins. Thinking about getting a bigger coil for the Deus. Wonder if Regtons will do a px, with my standard coil.

Do you mean the 11"? That's all I use now. Not sure what a px is?
 
Excellent finds Rob. This nipple buttons - when do those date to approximately? I ask because I don't believe I hear of any dug on my side of the pond.

Cheers
 
Nice post! Great finds! Congrats and HH
 
Excellent finds Rob. This nipple buttons - when do those date to approximately? I ask because I don't believe I hear of any dug on my side of the pond.

Cheers
Hello Scrappy, been told they date late 17th/ early 18th Century. I also posted one the other week (there fairly common). A guy from your side of the pond said, he'd just found one. Robert.
 
A whole bunch of sweet finds.
I may find a nipple button someday, but it is highly improbable to find a hammered silver penny on this side of the creek.
Congrats on your finds.
 
Very nice finds! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom