Shallow Water Detecting, Pulsedive

Robzombay

Jul 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I want to know if anyone could tell me the best way to do this. My idea is to use a mask and snorkel, boots, bag, scoop and the Pulsedive. I plan to go at the waters edge in the trough area. I have a White's Beachhunter ID, but the coil floats and it's a hassle. So I'm just going to use what I listed. I'm going to Ft. Lauderdale beach as I live 2 miles away. Any thoughts?? Thank you

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buy - they do sell them - or make a weight for your coil
I got a lot of friends that hammer Ft. L. and hammer the trough
go with your strength

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, you are going to crawl along on your hands and knees, or. try to snorkel in the surf with a tiny coil? Good luck with that. I'd wait until a nice minus tide and hunt the trough without the water in it with a conventional beach detector. Your beach hunter would be a much better choice IMO. With that small coil, it's not going to get much depth or coverage.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anderson sells a weight that fits that coil. I think you are wasting your time with a small coil if the surf very large.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
In California you may as well hunt the impact zone. Go with the minus tide as suggested above. Good luck!

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's the same coil as the dual field. Just use it and you will get used to it and it won't take too long. That's what I did.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The analogy that comes to mind- Sounds like you want to go hunting with a pistol when you have a perfectly good rifle handy. If you go the route you described you'd want a weight belt as well. Thats pretty much the rig I use for fresh water rocky creeks and rivers where the rocks won't allow a good swing with a proper detector. You might get 4-6 inches with the Macro pulse 8 inch coil so you'd be hoping for fresh drops and could just fan them with your hand unless its just a short can style scoop. Using a long scoop I can't imagine how that would even work. Most people use something like a bag of sand on top of the coil of the PI to neutralize the bouyancy. I'm no expert and you may just come up with something that works for you so don't let me stop you. I like innovation.

controlfreq

Dec 2, 2007
... on a side note, presuming you are talking about the Nokta Pulsedive, I believe there is now an 8" coil available. Know nothing about its performance though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions