Share Local Cache Legends.

bluecamel2015

Greenie
Mar 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a recluse in Greene County that was said to of buried money before he died of an unknown brain disease. Apparently he got super paranoid.

Anyway the land was split up 4 ways. Few years went buy but nobody really took it seriously. Fast forward to one of the guys who bought the parcel (who had never even heard the rumored of buried money) was putting in a new water line and found 2 jars full of paper money. Most was 1950s with a few 1934 bills. One of the jars was not sealed and it turned into a mesh. I have tried to get him to send it to the US Treasury and do their recovery service thing and get at least SOMETHING out of it.

He gave a lot away and has sold some of the bills that were sealed to Old Towne Coins in Monroe County.

OP
OP
B

bluecamel2015

Greenie
Mar 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried and I know others did to let others look at it and sell it to collectors but he just got lazy and took to the dealer. I actually know the owner and he is a pretty good guy but still he has to make a profit.

I have a picture somewhere of the other jar. It is nasty looking but you can send nearly destroyed paper money to the US Treasury and they will do some SERIOUS work to recover every single dollar for you. There are videos and these people are in a little room with like piles of ashes from a fire trying to reconstruct bills.

Best part?

It is totally free.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would definitely try to buy the other parcels of land since it turns out this was true. Or at least get permission to hunt them.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Definitely you should purchase all the land around the place. Even if it bankrupts you and
your family.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just hope that there is treasures that worth more then you pay for the land. Good luck and good hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread