What's new

Shark Banz and Electromagnetic issues

jgas

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
3,826
Reaction score
2,753
Golden Thread
1
Location
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Any one familiar with Shark Banz use on detectors while water hunting. Contacted them direct and they have no idea whether they would interfere with the detector coil and getting false signals.
If it doesn’t cause an issue I would probably get one just for a little peace of mind in the water. I wouldn’t rely on it totally and am always mindful that we are in their home. Any input would be great. Kinda surprised that the company didn’t just send one for a test purpose and then if it works without causing issues I would be more than happy to pay for it. Regards. Jgas.
 
Washington, DC - The Federal government is warning Pulse Induction metal detectorists to "Stay dry and Stay alive!" June, through November, is the most dangerous time to be in the surf with breeding and birthing sharks.

Compounding this danger, Pulse Induction, or "PI," and Simultaneous Multi Frequency (SMF) underwater metal detectors, can attract hungry sharks from as far away as one-nautical mile with their strong electronic and sine wave pulses.

University of Arizona Professor Sandy Tiburón, said that detectorists - and the swimmers near them, are at increased risk of shark attack. "We have studied this problem since the fatal attack of a beach detectorist in Connecticut, in 2009," commented Professor Tiburón. "Our experiments show that sharks are not only attracted by pulse induction and SMF metal detectors, but that they also behave very aggressively when they locate it."

The Trump administration acted quickly in response to last month's fatal shark attack of a pulse induction user near Point Pleasant, New Jersey, announcing the appointment of Terry Soloman, as the administration's new Pulse Induction Czar. Mr. Soloman, will be responsible for gathering up all of the dangerous PI and SMF machines currently in use, and advising beach hunters to stay out of the water, through his department's "Stay Dry, Stay Alive!" outreach.

"I think it is critical that all water hunters send me these dangerous SMF and PI units as soon as possible," said Mr. Soloman. "We can only help those that want to help themselves, and staying completely out of the water is part of that commitment."

While it was not clear at the time of this interview where the SMF and PI metal detectors must be sent, Mr. Soloman made it clear that the information would be announced shortly.
 
Sounds great Terry. Lol. Doesn’t solve the question of whether the Shark Banz interferes with the machines. Like say the chatter from electrical lines on land searches. Hmmm. I use multi frequency machines. I have read before that PI machines can attract the fish with big teeth. Surprised that whoever makes the Shark Banz brand hasn’t done the research. I think they would sell good if it doesn’t interfere with the frequencies of the machines in the water. Jgas.
 
Sounds great Terry. Lol. Doesn’t solve the question of whether the Shark Banz interferes with the machines. Like say the chatter from electrical lines on land searches. Hmmm. I use multi frequency machines. I have read before that PI machines can attract the fish with big teeth. Surprised that whoever makes the Shark Banz brand hasn’t done the research. I think they would sell good if it doesn’t interfere with the frequencies of the machines in the water. Jgas.
Let us know what you find out! I only got spooked once while in the surf. It was a 4am low tide at Jones Beach off Field Six (Long Island, NY). I was using a headlamp and was chest deep in uncommonly calm waters. I was putting my toe next to the coil to mark a target to scoop, when I felt the unmistakable flutter and turbulence of a good-sized fish swim right through my legs. I was still processing that when the 4-foot shark went by me at lightning speed in pursuit of his breakfast!

Yeah, I stained my underwear.
 
Let us know what you find out! I only got spooked once while in the surf. It was a 4am low tide at Jones Beach off Field Six (Long Island, NY). I was using a headlamp and was chest deep in uncommonly calm waters. I was putting my toe next to the coil to mark a target to scoop, when I felt the unmistakable flutter and turbulence of a good-sized fish swim right through my legs. I was still processing that when the 4-foot shark went by me at lightning speed in pursuit of his breakfast!

Yeah, I stained my underwear.
WOW Terry I am sure glad you were SAFE :) I was just wondering this morning how many people had shark encounters while detecting
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom