What's new

shes Large, old AND ugly, but I still love her

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
4,066
Reaction score
7,788
Golden Thread
0
Location
port ewen ny
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
she's Large, old AND ugly, but I still love her

hit the Hudson river shore, the ATP was singing with continuous iron, slag and every piece of trash imaginable. then the sweet sound of #85 under a large rock. the photo is after a peroxide bath, next she will live with the FE cent that has been in olive oil since April. a few months and maybe a date will show. need help with the eagle design button. FMERG thinks maybe merchant marine, other button is brass with odd thread loop. back later today for the low tide and maybe silver?:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: IMG_1603.webpIMG_1604.webpIMG_1605.webpIMG_1606.webpIMG_1607.webpIMG_1608.webp
 
Upvote 16
Nice Largie. I don't envy cleaning that coin however. Good luck with the date.

Great find !

Steve
 
I wouldn't try to clean it any More.
Looks good as is :thumbsup:
 
Let us know how those turn out in the near future. I have left copper coins soaking in olive oil for several years with good results sometimes.I wrap them in cotton balls and store them in old medicine bottles,so they won't dry up.
 
At least you can ID the design and get a date range if the date never shows.
 
she is still beautiful and i understand your love for her
 
Is Frank starting to realize yet that you're going to be a handful with that new machine? Very nice finds. Keep it up.
 
Nice LC! Hope the date appears. Nice buttons too! Congrats!
 
I was a bit disappointed when I clicked on this thread as I thought you were talking about your wife (or mine) :laughing7::dontknow::tongue3:

Anyway, nice finds! :thumbsup:
 
hey -I'l take them any way I can get them :thumbsup:
 
I'd take a pocket of those any day of the week!!! Cool looking digs!
 
Man, I used to say those same words ( the thread title ) every Sunday morning when I'd wake up!
 
Man, I used to say those same words ( the thread title ) every Sunday morning when I'd wake up!

lol, how did I know you would chime in on this lol!!!

btw great find!
 
Very well done. Congrats on the sweet finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom