Shipwreck Article

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse
If you are like me, many of us fondly remember reading Ellsworth Boyd's monthly "Wreck Facts" column and frequent articles published in Skin Diver Magazine. His articles have appeared in numerous other magazines as well. After Skin Diver went out of business he started writting a column for Sport Diver Magazine. However, he never could talk about all the shipwreck stories he wanted to because of the limited number of words they gave him each month. I guess ads for live aboards and regulators and other equipment brings in more revenue than a monthly column on shipwrecks.

Anyway, now Sport Diver has discontinued the column all together.

I have known Ellsworth for years. He is the "Dean of Shipwrecks"

He has written Wreck Diving Magazine about doing a regular column, but for one reason or another he hasn't gotten a reply.

I would urge my treasure diving, wreck diving, maritime history colleagues to drop a short email to Wreck Diving Magazine's editor Joe Porter suggesting they try to get Ellsworth Boyd to write a regular column for them. If the readers shop there is enough demand, this great column that is a wealth of shipwreck information for more than 30 years might not be finished yet

[email protected]

[email protected]

Thanks

Galleon Hunter

treshuntintom

May 24, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rob,thanks for the info.I should be out there the end of April.We really need to have lunch/dinner and catch up.Have great weekend.Tom

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
Rob, I'm sure they aren't ignoring him. I have subscribed to Wreck Diver since Issue 1 and I know they are generally good about publishing reader articles, so I think they would be all ears. I'll email Joe, I've communicated with him in the past on the magazine. One of my favorites.

Stan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread