Shotshell Brass Ridge

Hawkeye35

Feb 16, 2014
All of this was found recently on a ridge near where I live. I kept hoping that one of these hunters that sat on this ridge about 100 years ago might have dropped at least one coin. I believe there's still a coin out there somewhere. From the date ranges that these various product lines were offered, I have concluded that a number of different hunters came here over a number of years from as early as the late 1800s to the 1950s. There is a historic inn nearby that existed during that time. It's still there actually. I think guests that stayed there came out here on this ridge on hunts as they often did at such places in those days. It's not silver or gold but they are little pieces of history that no one thought would ever be dug up.

2022_03_20_Hawkeye35ShotgunBrassAndBullets.jpg

Headstamps: REM-UMC NEW CLUB, P. C. C. LEAGUE, WINCHESTER REPEATER, REM-UMC SHURSHOT, SEARS XTRA RANGE J. C. HIGGINS, WINCHESTER NUBLACK in 12, 16, and 20 gauge.

Last edited:
Upvote 13

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some of the same finds here on my property. I'm about 3/4 mile from where the old hotel sat. They had guests that mainly came to hunt and fish the area around me. I've got hundreds of head stamps, bullets, complete cartridges, and quite a few relics but never much in coins. I did find an Indian Head penny from 1879 that puts it in the approximate time frame when land started getting homesteaded around here. Some of the old head stamps are cool though and by varieties of manufacturers. I've got a few that date back about as far as self-contained shells go. Some interesting company names too...one comes to mind: The Robin Hood Arms Co.!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of this was found recently on a ridge near where I live. I kept hoping that one of these hunters that sat on this ridge about 100 years ago might have dropped at least one coin. I believe there's still a coin out there somewhere. From the date ranges that these various product lines were offered, I have concluded that a number of different hunters came here over a number of years from as early as the late 1800s to the 1950s. There is a historic inn nearby that existed during that time. It's still there actually. I think guests that stayed there came out here on this ridge on hunts as they often did at such places in those days. It's not silver or gold but they are little pieces of history that no one thought would ever be dug up.

View attachment 2017071

Headstamps: REM-UMC NEW CLUB, P. C. C. LEAGUE, WINCHESTER REPEATER, REM-UMC SHURSHOT, SEARS XTRA RANGE J. C. HIGGINS, WINCHESTER NUBLACK in 12, 16, and 20 gauge.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2017071

great saves, precious metal or not

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread