What's new

Silver and Infantry collar disc

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2014
Messages
2,752
Reaction score
3,834
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, happy Memorial Day weekend!

Posting two hunts worth of goodies, the better finds.

First hunt was on Friday I found two Mercury dimes, 1951 silver quarter and a buffalo nickel.

Second hunt I went with DoninBrewster. Yes the same hunt that he found in 1871 gold coin from Britain check out his post. Anyway my finds were a lot more humble but cool. A buffalo nickel, to Indianhead penny's, both 1890, and a really awesome infantry collar disc from World War I, I believe. Any information from you experts out there would be appreciated. I included the photos from before and after cleanup.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432487332.792513.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432487354.435851.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432487376.581264.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432487401.710152.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432487421.202790.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432487449.596005.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432487500.055390.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432487520.581583.webpEnjoy thanks for looking. Happy hunting!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 24
Nice silver and Indians, cool disc as well.
 
WTG DD still a good hunt series ! :occasion14:
 
great group of finds, Indians buffs, silver, military!!!

damn fine hunt right there!!!
 
Great finds. It had to be great to share in the gold coin find hunt. HH George
 
Great finds. It had to be great to share in the gold coin find hunt. HH George

Yes it was great to share that experience with Don. Between the three of us, some nice finds, but that gold coin Don found was simply amazing .
 
Very nice collar disk, it's called a "Type 1" and would date between 1910 and 1937.

Thank you for the info! I keep searching the Internet but only come up with is a disk with an L on it, nothing with a 23 and an L .
 
Great finds, I like all that stuff!
 
Great finds. I like the collar disk, & welcome those in my display cases anytime.
 
Silvers, buffs and IH's with a Sweet collar disc, Very nice hunts!!

Really like that disc, cleaned up Great!!
 
Silvers, buffs and IH's with a Sweet collar disc, Very nice hunts!!

Really like that disc, cleaned up Great!!

Thanks, for the cleanup I soak in distilled water overnight and I use a toothpick and Vaseline and toothpicks it takes a long time but the result is worth it.
 
Nice haul! The collar disk is a beauty. The silver makes me antsy to get out! Way to gooooooo!

Congrats
 
Really nice finds there. Nice job.
Kinley
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom