Silver and Wheaties for Breakfast

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey all,

I've been getting out on a few short hunts here and there over the last week. I was on a run with my fiancée yesterday and noticed a land use sign on an old building a block from my apartment. My nerd radar went on full alert so I went to read it and it turns out the building is slated for demolition and an apartment complex will replace it.

I woke up at 6 to get a quick, pre-work hunt in. Managed a pretty good haul from the sidewalk strips outside the building.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532532525.051260.jpg

The tally:
-1 Rosie (1952-S)
-7 Wheats
-1 Tax Token

Getting out some more this week, I'll post if I get anything good.

Happy hunting all!
-W

Last edited:
Upvote 20

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds - question for you: When you encounter an opportunity like this (I see them frequently), do you seek any sort of permission, or just get your hunt in when nobody is around? Curious on the protocol for this sort of narrow window opportunity...

Congrats on your finds mate! :occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now we're metal detecting. Congrats :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Nice finds - question for you: When you encounter an opportunity like this (I see them frequently), do you seek any sort of permission, or just get your hunt in when nobody is around? Curious on the protocol for this sort of narrow window opportunity...

Congrats on your finds mate! :occasion14:

Good question JD, sidewalk strips are public property in Seattle. When I know a building is occupied, I still ask permission because a minority of people don't realize it's public land and get defensive if you show up and start digging without talking to them. Almost everyone says that's fine when I ask.

When I know a building is vacant, it's a green light for me that I can hunt the strips without being hassled. I still won't hunt on the property itself without permission.

Because it's so dry in Seattle right now, I'm trying to limit where I'm hunting sidewalk strips because the digging conditions aren't great and plugs are falling apart. If I know major construction is around the corner and the land is going to be turned up anyways, it makes me feel better about digging. I'm trying to stay in the good graces of all my neighbors.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet finds ill take that for breakfast anyday

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice coin shooting! :icon_thumleft:

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Rosie a day, will keep the Dr. away... always makes me smile... Hey, I like you Wheaties for breakfast... lol keep it going.... take your detector on your honeymoon, tell her you will find some rings for her... lol

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love Wheaties for Breakfast!! Way to go on the silver!!

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score, congrats.

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
A Rosie a day, will keep the Dr. away... always makes me smile... Hey, I like you Wheaties for breakfast... lol keep it going.... take your detector on your honeymoon, tell her you will find some rings for her... lol

Thanks bass, she wants me to bring it so she can have alone time. Ha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread