What's new

Silver bracelet?

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's what appears to be a .925 silver bracelet. Found it metal detecting in old Arkansas resort town. It can be bent to shape. Says Mexico on one end and .925 on the other. Any ideas on age, maker, value?
 

Attachments

  • Bracelet-1.webp
    Bracelet-1.webp
    45.2 KB · Views: 271
  • Bracelet-2.webp
    Bracelet-2.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 267
  • Bracelet-3.webp
    Bracelet-3.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 278
  • Bracelet-4.webp
    Bracelet-4.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 255
  • Bracelet-5.webp
    Bracelet-5.webp
    88.1 KB · Views: 263
Modern Mexico silver. Good find.
Probably not advisable to bend and straighten it..
 
Upvote 0
Thanks lostcause. Seems pretty flexy. I didn't have to force it out flat. Prolly why it got lost. :D
 
Upvote 0
Prolly why it got lost

ROTFLOL

Ahh any day getting sterling silver is good..
 
Upvote 0
I don't think Silver itself bends very well. I believe it gets brittle and cracks when overworked.
If the bracelet can flex to extend like that, it's well engineered.
I'll stick around for further learning ;D
Mike
 
Upvote 0
trikikiwi said:
I don't think Silver itself bends very well. I believe it gets brittle and cracks when overworked.
If the bracelet can flex to extend like that, it's well engineered.
I'll stick around for further learning ;D
Mike

Its definately not brittle, maybe not silver? Of course it is actually braided strips of whatever that give it its flex. Trust me, i wouldn't have moved it like that if i felt it would damage it. Thanks for the replies!
 
Upvote 0
It is silver. Yet flexing it like that will crack and break it.. The process of annealing can make such as sterling soft or hard depending on the needs.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks everyone for your input. Don't think I'll be bending it around anymore! :tard:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom