What's new

Silver in the turf lesson I learned

1491

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
556
Reaction score
69
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
A new lesson I learned on the F-75 is to run it in Delta Pitch mode for turf silver. If you run it in 3 or 4 tones (called 3H and 4H in the manual), silver dimes and clad dimes will sound exactly alike. This is because the 3H and 4H options are essentially monotone within a range of higher VID values. Delta pitch, on the other hand, is a continuous scale, it becomes sweeter and higher with every numerical increase in VID. I've been consistently digging 8-9 inch silver using this mode. Oops, cat’s out of the bag now…

Jim
 
Good to know... Thanks for the information as I'll be sure to check that out...

HH Robert
 
Hey thanks for the hint...Just bought a F75 any help is greatly welcome...Did you get any upgrades for yours? :)
 
marky1016 said:
Hey thanks for the hint...Just bought a F75 any help is greatly welcome...Did you get any upgrades for yours? :)

No upgrades. My gasket around the housing is cracked and gone and I've got the weak battery spring generation of the F-75. My only qualms about what is otherwise a monster of a deep-seeking machine. :thumbsup:
 
Thanks Jim...Just bought the F75 and am waiting for delivery...Heard so much about the F75 and its capibilaties plus I am a big Fisher fan..Would you recommend starting to learn it in df mode?I have heard that je is real hot..What is bc mode for?I cant wait for a thaw when it arrives... :thumbsup:
 
marky1016 said:
Thanks Jim...Just bought the F75 and am waiting for delivery...Heard so much about the F75 and its capibilaties plus I am a big Fisher fan..Would you recommend starting to learn it in df mode?I have heard that je is real hot..What is bc mode for?I cant wait for a thaw when it arrives... :thumbsup:

I highly recommend STAYING AWAY FROM JE MODE for at least a few months while you learn this machine. It is way too hot and the chatter will drive you nuts. The machine is extremely deep-seeking in DE mode. - Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom