Silver on a permission seeking day with my son!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my boy out for a little permission seeking today, we did half decent. Merc, roosie (silver 66 fty), 4 wheats (265 fty), small cuff button, a lantern part, and some clad. I let him use the pinpointer and do the extractions, he had a good time. Nice little day out with my buddy. Thanks for looking and hh! 20170830_153809.jpg 20170830_154619.jpg 20170830_154959.jpg

Upvote 25

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to see your son has taken an interest in your hobby (unlike mine), and hopefully this will be a great way for you guys to spend quality time together for many years. Nice finds too!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt little man....:icon_thumright:
thank ya sir!

Congrats on some nice finds CJ, and spending time with your son.
thanks man, any opportunity I get to spend time with the little guy is great.

Detecting with your son...priceless! :occasion14:
thanks it was alot of fun

Wow! What a nice time y'all had together along with some very nice finds! A memorable day for sure!
thanks scruggs, i think he enjoyed himself

A great thing! Making memories with your son.

But, I just don't see how you guys can pull it off! You're both from Pennsylvania........right?!? :tongue3:
lol thanks gary, i was just glad he wanted to come and get away from his electronic devices lol

Like father, like son! great day! Congrats!
thank you!

Glad to see your son has taken an interest in your hobby (unlike mine), and hopefully this will be a great way for you guys to spend quality time together for many years. Nice finds too!
Thanks bill!! It's funny my oldest son, now 17, got me into the hobby when he was 10. Now he's too cool to hang with dad :dontknow: lol luckily my little buddy is 10. He seemed to really enjoy himself, hopefully he stays interested!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol thanks gary, i was just glad he wanted to come and get away from his electronic devices lol

Thanks bill!! It's funny my oldest son, now 17, got me into the hobby when he was 10. Now he's too cool to hang with dad :dontknow: lol luckily my little buddy is 10. He seemed to really enjoy himself, hopefully he stays interested!

If you're game to listen to an old man's acquired wisdom and any other parents out there, listen up. You have a VERY few chances to get across a life lesson to your young these days. What with Google's help....they ALREADY know everything! But, don't worry, they'll grow up and out of that, reality has it's own methods of "teaching".

But, ANYway....one thing that would get them much more interested in what they're doing on these outings is if you TEACH them by having them actually look up history on a spot you're going to, then, on one of those trips you absolutely WILL hear something that will prove me right. They will indicate, on some find, "HEY DAD! I bet this belonged to that general who slept here back then!!" Or....maybe , "I wonder if this indian head was shot at a deer or the Smith family who lived here 200 years ago?"

In any case, you will have succeeded in getting across things like Research, History, Nature, the way things were....right there! All skills that will be useful no matter what they grow up to do.

IMHO...of course. Good luck!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're game to listen to an old man's acquired wisdom and any other parents out there, listen up. You have a VERY few chances to get across a life lesson to your young these days. What with Google's help....they ALREADY know everything! But, don't worry, they'll grow up and out of that, reality has it's own methods of "teaching".

But, ANYway....one thing that would get them much more interested in what they're doing on these outings is if you TEACH them by having them actually look up history on a spot you're going to, then, on one of those trips you absolutely WILL hear something that will prove me right. They will indicate, on some find, "HEY DAD! I bet this belonged to that general who slept here back then!!" Or....maybe , "I wonder if this indian head was shot at a deer or the Smith family who lived here 200 years ago?"

In any case, you will have succeeded in getting across things like Research, History, Nature, the way things were....right there! All skills that will be useful no matter what they grow up to do.

IMHO...of course. Good luck!

Wise words from a wise man. Thanks Gary. I sure try like heck to keep these kids around boring ole dad. This was about way more than a merc and some crusty pennies. It was more about just being out with my son just me and him

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Having fun and making memories is what it's all about.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread