What's new

Silver Quarter?!?!?!?!

craigpcdmc

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
After buying a pepsi, I got this strange quarter. I looked at the edges next to the other two I got back. I started jumping for joy when I saw SILVER!!! So i looked at the date and it looked like this...
Now, its not an s (that was my first thought). What could it be. An error?
 

Attachments

  • silver quarter huh2.webp
    silver quarter huh2.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 333
  • silver quarter huh3.webp
    silver quarter huh3.webp
    2.3 KB · Views: 335
  • silver quarter huh.webp
    silver quarter huh.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0
I have a Connecticut quarter that is that way. Someone else posted a similiar one a few weeks ago. I don't know how they get that way. I guess the silver wash just completely covers some of the blanks sometimes.
 
The easiest way to see if a coin is silver is sound when clinked against a known non silver coin. Sound does not lie. If it does not make the same sound as a known silver quarter, then it is not silver.

There are no non-S silver quarters post 1964 anyway though.

Jim
 
Probably plated with something. If its not a S MM, its not silver.
 
a friend of mine found a 2002 a few weeks ago like that. not sure what to think, they're out there though. I'd keep it for sure!
 
jim4silver said:
The easiest way to see if a coin is silver is sound when clinked against a known non silver coin. Sound does not lie. If it does not make the same sound as a known silver quarter, then it is not silver.

There are no non-S silver quarters post 1964 anyway though.

Jim

Did you do the silver sond test yet? results?? :-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom