Upvote 0

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, SeaHunter Mark 2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a coin finding machine I have had the 150 for less then a month a love it I'm still learning the machine. I love my garret 150.

OP
OP
S

swf29

Apr 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
harbor freight 9 channel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really? so its a coin finder? how well does it do with gold and picking it out with discrimination?

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iv found relics and other things as well haven't found jewelry yet and it does a pretty good job descriminating I myself is still learning the different sounds and stuff I like it a lot

OP
OP
S

swf29

Apr 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
harbor freight 9 channel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okay, yeah, diffrent sounds of course and I do notice that there are visuals on the screen that tell you what it may be...it looks to be fairly accurate. and I love the fact that I can just look on the screen and see what I am about to dig out the ground. I just really wonder how it does with gold...hope it is good.

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold is tricky with any metal detector on the ace 150 it can read as anything on the spectrum except iron.

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep the HF too. My eldest son uses one to go out sometimes with dad. (me) He makes good finds. It's not what ya got, it's how ya use it.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might look in all the local pawn shops also if you are on a tight budget. The ace 150 is a beginner model as well. If you are looking to upgrade. Look at the Tesoros and Whites. If you want a Garret I would look at the AT Pro. I have a Tesoro Silver Saber that I have had since the mid to late 80's and it still works and has a lifetime guarantee and I would take it over an ace 350. My current everyday detector is a Whites V3i, but thats a whole different animal!

OP
OP
S

swf29

Apr 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
harbor freight 9 channel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thanks for the feedback...well ill see how I do with the Ace 150 then once ive made my money back from my investment, I will upgrade to a at pro or another machine, I like how some detectors give out numbers and i see gold is typical 40's. Thats pretty cool to me. But I will hang onto the HF detector too for freinds and family to tag along to double the search efforts! HH everyone!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread