What's new

silver roman coin(77/78 AD)

bubbas

Full Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2006
Messages
116
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
holland
hello.

this coin I found last week. ;D

It is a silver denarius of the emperror vespasianus (made around 77/78 ad)

greatings from bubbas ;D ;D
 

Attachments

  • indexCA3S1M75.webp
    indexCA3S1M75.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 5,504
  • indexCA65MS3N.webp
    indexCA65MS3N.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 5,458
Upvote 2
That is a great coin!!!! Super nice. :)
 
wow! :o look at the detail still left on it. thats incredible!
 
Very nice find, but believe it or not this is the second one I have seen in a little over a year. A club member found one in England last year. I did the next best thing to findin gone, I held it! Once again Awesome find.

Ed D.
 
Great coin ;D

The Vespasian I posted last year (see below) was my earliest roman coin.

Is it your earliest Roman Coin?
 

Attachments

  • ves denarius.webp
    ves denarius.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 5,284
  • rev of ves.webp
    rev of ves.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 5,266
  • ves denarius.webp
    ves denarius.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 5,274
  • rev of ves.webp
    rev of ves.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 5,263
dugfinds said:
Great coin ;D

The Vespasian I posted last year (see below) was my earliest roman coin.

Is it your earliest Roman Coin?

hi dugfinds ;D

the coin you found is the same as in my avatar (very expensive coin also) :o

It Is also from the same emperror ,bud diferent than the coin of this topic

I wil show you the avatar coin I found

and my oldest coin is of the year 62 BC. ;)

greatings from bubbas ;D ;D
 

Attachments

  • indexCAETUHFB.webp
    indexCAETUHFB.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 5,174
  • indexCA1Q7FK5.webp
    indexCA1Q7FK5.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 5,135
Great Old Coin,

Fossis....................
 
bubbas said:
dugfinds said:
Great coin ;D

The Vespasian I posted last year (see below) was my earliest roman coin.

Is it your earliest Roman Coin?

hi dugfinds ;D

the coin you found is the same as in my avatar (very expensive coin also) :o

It Is also from the same emperror ,bud diferent than the coin of this topic

I wil show you the avatar coin I found

and my oldest coin is of the year 62 BC. ;)

greatings from bubbas ;D ;D

Excellent - 62 BC for a Roman Coin is earlier than my Iron Age (Celtic) coins. GREAT FIND.
:D
CHEERS!!
 
spartan69cs said:
Where did you find it?

in HOLLAND. ;D

in holland you can find very old coins (roman/ keltic/medieval/16/17/18/19 century) :o

thats because all those people have been here in the past ;)

bud to find these coins is not so easy hahaha. :D :D

in great brittain/ france / italy/ etc etc ,it is easyer to find these coins (more romans have been there)
bud almost in the hole of europe you can find old coins ;)

gr bubbas (sorry for my english) ::)
 
That is some old old old silver!
Was it tarnished very bad?
 
A great find...a real ugly emperor though...
 
TXTim said:
That is some old old old silver!
Was it tarnished very bad?

Silver does not tarnish in the ground, as long as it is not exposed to oxygen there.
As long as it remains burried, it will remain clean, hense those silver coins that are dug here in the US
every day that look like they were dropped yesterday.... even though they were lost 1-2-3 hundred years ago.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom