What's new

Silver Superfecta today......

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
1,774
Reaction score
569
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Hey
today was nothing short of a long day. I got some firsts and did many boxes along the road trip.
Left my house at like 9 and did 2 halve boxes.
got one 40%er.
I then headed south and grabbed dime boxes along the way.
After getting some silver i looked for more halves and got a few here and there.
At a dump bank i checked the magnet on the machine and got a nice rust steely stuck to it.
I decided to grab a box a quarters for the first time ever. I have heard all the horror stories and decided to try for myself. To my astonishment i not onlu got 1 but 2 silver washingtons.
On the way home i realized all i needed for the silver superfecta was a silver nickel. So i grabed 2 boxes on the way home. Sure enough i not only got 2 silevr but also 2 buffalos. It was a long tiring day but a rewarding one.
Totals.

Halves- 6-40%ers, 1 90%er
box 1- 1 40%er
box2- skunk
5 40%ers, and 1 90%er on rd trip

quarters
200.00 fed rolls- skunk
box 1- 2 Silver washingtons

Dimes
box-1- 2 rosies
box-2- 5 rosies, 1 Merc
box-3- 1 rosie
box-4- 1 rosie
box-5- skunk
box-6- 1 rosie
box-7- 1 rosie

Nickels
Box1- 1 silver wartime, 2 buffalos 1936, 1923
box2- 1 silver wartime

1- steel wheat from machine
thanks for lookin
keith
 

Attachments

  • DSC03035.webp
    DSC03035.webp
    65 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC03036.webp
    DSC03036.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC03037.webp
    DSC03037.webp
    34 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC03038.webp
    DSC03038.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 431
  • DSC03039.webp
    DSC03039.webp
    39 KB · Views: 424
  • DSC03040.webp
    DSC03040.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 419
Upvote 0
Had some Luck with 2 Brink's Boxes today;

12-90%ers
11-40%ers
and a First.....a 1995 Atlanta Olympic Comm. too bad it's only clad, but I'mma keeping her anyway.... :wink:
 
Ju8vP3t said:
Had some Luck with 2 Brink's Boxes today;

12-90%ers
11-40%ers
and a First.....a 1995 Atlanta Olympic Comm. too bad it's only clad, but I'mma keeping her anyway.... :wink:

yea def keep her
thats a nice pickup too
 
Great Score ! Not bad on the quarters. I'll bet there are some good quarter boxes out there.
 
Nice finds you certainly ran up and down the different varities and denominations , kudos Ed
 
Grats on the quarters, I did a box once and got 1, next week I did another and got 1, then 3 weeks in a row I got skunked so I quit. Now I just go to the car wash haha. HH Mark
 
I might have to pound some quarter boxes, I've been avoiding them but It is a silver coin that I would like to add to the collection. Current 1/4 count = 0. So I might just do them until I find one, I have been searching through the quarters we use for laundry but thats only like a couple rolls a month or so...

Though you didn't have a stellar day for the amount searched, it is still more to add to the pile, and also very cool to get a silver in all those denominations.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom