Silvers, wheats, and a token as good as gold!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried my luck trying to get permission today in a small town about an hour away from me. Only had til noon because my daughters birthday party is today. I got a late 1800s home that according to the owner, he lived in for 50 yrs and it's never been hit. Well 5 minutes in, I knew I had a problem, you can tell the ground was torn up and leveled out, I had clad quarters at 6-7 inches! I really had to work the heck out of that yard for the 2 hrs I was there to squeeze out the 63 Washington and 64 roosie (24 silver fty), and the 7 wheats (144 fty), also got the cool guth chocolate company token which I really like. It says "good as gold" on the back. Today was a nice, mind clearing day, driving thru the countryside with the windows down and the almost fall crisp air, just what the doctor ordered! Screenshot_2016-09-17-11-39-11-1.png20160917_120558-1.jpg20160917_130001.jpg2016-09-17 13.15.22-1.jpg2016-09-17 13.11.44-1.jpg20160917_130817.jpg
Thanks for looking and hh!!

Last edited:
Upvote 12
Oh man I get so disappointed when a good spot turns out to be filled and or levelled. You made some cool finds however. Congrats on the silver and neat token!

Sweet digs Chris, congrats on the silvers and wheats. I like the token also. Did you get any leads on more permissions in the area?

Good catch !
The Guth Chocolate Company started around 1905 and was bought by United Drug Co in 1914.
http://tokencatalog.com/token_record_forms.php?action=DisplayTokenRecord&td_id=355240&inventory_id=334971&attribution_id=363394
Don.....

Congrats on the finds and a happy birthday to your daughter. I really like the token.

Happy Birthday to your Daughter sounds like a great day perfect weather a few silvers ect and somewhere to return to!!Thanks for sharing

Nice Chris. Glad that you got out and scored.

Hey good finds even though the ground had been leveled....Too bad the coins weren't older...Happy hunting

Congratulations, the extra effort paid off. Nice finds. I hope you go back for more!

Nice old token and silvers. Hope you can find some more goodies. Your token is over 100 years old and a good sign that other goodies aren't all buried deep

Good catch !
The Guth Chocolate Company started around 1905 and was bought by United Drug Co in 1914.
http://tokencatalog.com/token_record_forms.php?action=DisplayTokenRecord&td_id=355240&inventory_id=334971&attribution_id=363394
Don.....
thanks!, the link didn't work though

Congrats on the finds and a happy birthday to your daughter. I really like the token.
thanks evo!, it was a good day!

Happy Birthday to your Daughter sounds like a great day perfect weather a few silvers ect and somewhere to return to!!Thanks for sharing
thank you a2coins, I'll likely go back after some rain!

Nice Chris. Glad that you got out and scored.
thanks tom, you know my deal, limited time this year is killing me

Hey good finds even though the ground had been leveled....Too bad the coins weren't older...Happy hunting
thanks!, I was hoping for at least an Indian or 2!

Nice hunt brother...
thank ya sir!

Congratulations, the extra effort paid off. Nice finds. I hope you go back for more!
thank you, I will head back eventually

Nice old token and silvers. Hope you can find some more goodies. Your token is over 100 years old and a good sign that other goodies aren't all buried deep
thanks scuba, it was wierd, the quarter was only about 2 or 3 inches down, then clad quarters were over 6 inches down, crazy yard.

Fantastic finds you made!
thanks scruggs. It was short but fub

Sweet digs Chris, congrats on the silvers and wheats. I like the token also. Did you get any leads on more permissions in the area?
thankyou brother, I didn't have much time, had to bail out quick and head home for my daughters birthday party

Oh man I get so disappointed when a good spot turns out to be filled and or levelled. You made some cool finds however. Congrats on the silver and neat token!
thanks jc!, I had to bust my hump for those keepers, hard dry ground!

Hello cjon455. Wheaties, silver, and a nice token. Three of my favorite things to dig up...especially the token. Thanks for the post and Good Luck. C9

Hello cjon455. Wheaties, silver, and a nice token. Three of my favorite things to dig up...especially the token. Thanks for the post and Good Luck. C9

Thanks man!, the hunt was short but productive

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back