What's new

Silverware/Flatware Identification

RelicHunter97

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
700
Reaction score
297
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All of these pieces were found at either Goodwill or a secondhand store. The largest spoon appears to read 1881 (flower) ROGERS (flower) AI. I know that these are all marks of Rogers Bros., but I am not 100% sure as to what it reads exactly, It also reads PAT.MAR.30.15 The next three I am almost certain are silver. I can't quite make out the maker's mark, but it appears to be a bust figure followed by S.O. or S.D. Finally is a fork, I think this may also be silver. The only markings that I can make out are a bird or some sort and a beaver/platypus(?). Any help would be appreciated.

Happy Hunting,

Relichunter.
 

Attachments

  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    104.7 KB · Views: 305
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    134 KB · Views: 235
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 276
  • 011a.webp
    011a.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 016a.webp
    016a.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 275
  • 029.webp
    029.webp
    93.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 028.webp
    028.webp
    144.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 027.webp
    027.webp
    124 KB · Views: 245
  • 026.webp
    026.webp
    62.4 KB · Views: 236
  • 020.webp
    020.webp
    103.8 KB · Views: 242
:read2:

The Pattern for the Spoon is SCOTIA 1915, still working on the outhers :help:

SS
 
Upvote 0
RelicHunter97 said:
Hey thanks! Was I right on reading the makers mark? Or did I read it wrong?
:icon_thumleft:

Yes the makers were Rodgers Brothers, est 1881 :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
daroofa said:
I can't tell for sure from the pic, but is this the hallmark on the SO(SD) fork?

http://www.925-1000.com/Fpoland_marks_1.html


YES That's it! I fotgot to mention that there was a 3/8 to the left of the bust figure, but you figured that out on your own :tongue3: Anyways, thanks, I shall look into that.
**Update** Upon looking into that, I discovered that they were made in Warsaw, Poland, between 1920 and 1963, and are 80% silver. **

Relichunter.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom