sir edmund hillary conqueror of everest signature PIX ADDED

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
visiting the thrift store again. i found an interesting book called high in the thin cold air. talking about himalayan exploration and searchin for yetis. so if theres anything that interest me almost as much as treasures.is the mystery monsters. bigfoot.loch ness etc. so i invest 1.79 for the book. im reading it part way thru.i notice its a first ed. cool. still more interested in the story than the book valu. now comes the part where the book mentions sir edmund hillary was the first man to climb mount everest. and he the co author. so i look at the title page.nope not signed.too bad still a first ed . back to the yeti hunt. as im reading further the book slips a bit and im staring at ink sig ED HILLARY. turn out this book has 2 title pages the signed one with title only. and another with the title authors and publisher. SO GLAD TO BUY FOR THE WRONG REASON. how on earth did i miss the obv.? just thinking in another vein. THATS HOW IT IS W TREASURES.THEYRE THERE.....U JUST HAVE 2B THINKING RIGHT. cheapest offered online i found for about 200 bux. i will post pocs when iget back home

claymation

Oct 14, 2007
NM
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: sir edmund hillary conqueror of everest signature

That is really cool. I'm a great fan of Sir Edmund.
Congrats

OP
OP
scrounger d detector collector
Aug 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE

claymation said:
That is really cool. I'm a great fan of Sir Edmund.
Congrats
thanks, reading further in the book.u find out what a great guy he was. very unpretentious. signed ed hillary. all his friends called him ed. he hated being called sir edmund. course if it had been signed sir edmund hillary,it would be much more rare,as he never used it.sigh...... well whatdayawant for under 2 bux.? ;D

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker

INTERESTING. NICE :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Aug 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
PIX.FINALLY

Attachments

• th0109 071.jpg
    th0109 071.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 393
  • th0109 073.jpg
    th0109 073.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 391
  • th0109 074.jpg
    th0109 074.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 390
  • th0109 076.jpg
    th0109 076.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 395

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tenzing Norgay was the first person on the summit not the white Anglo dude :tard:

OP
OP
Aug 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
EDDE said:
Tenzing Norgay was the first person on the summit not the white Anglo dude :tard:
they are co discoverers.they signed a statement that said they reached the summit at the exact saME TIME. therefore each can jointly claim to be the first.

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
EDDE said:
Were you there EDDE?
Hillary never claimed to be the first to set foot on the summit. He always shared that honor with
Tenzing. He was a modest and humble man who devoted the rest of his life to helping
the people of Nepal, building schools and hospitals. You perhaps should read a little more
about his life after Everest before labelling him "the white Anglo dude"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread