What's new

Skeleton key lock

Lord Verdigris

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
3,936
Reaction score
9,273
Golden Thread
2
Location
East coast Canada
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a new foundation deep in the woods and it got dark on me but i did pull out this old lock,buckle and two strange decorative pieces of brass.
Any ideas of the age of the lock to date the site? I know not the best finds but makes it worth the trek back to give it another go. Also found a 1902 Canadian large cent on the path during the walk out. Thanks for looking! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442277098.077138.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442277110.885096.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442277123.088189.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442277133.206581.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442277143.785550.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442277156.141987.webp
 
Upvote 10
I found a lock like a cupple months ago. It looked alot worse. Took me about 3 days of electrolysis and cleaning. Then I made a set of picks to get it open. A family friend now uses it on his grandsons treehouse. Mine was made by ad lake IMG_1888.jpeg
 
Nice lock, still waiting to find a nice old one for myself.
 
I am at the point when anything comes out of the Ground other than Pull Tabs and Rust it's a thrill.
Toolman
 
Your lock looks like it could have been a switch lock on the railroad , the rusty nub at the bottom could have been part of the chain that attached it to the switch ; a very good find!
You could have a decent site there, good luck in the future
 
Your lock looks like it could have been a switch lock on the railroad , the rusty nub at the bottom could have been part of the chain that attached it to the switch ; a very good find!
You could have a decent site there, good luck in the future

I think it is a railway switch lock and it does have I C R but possibly
I C R R on the top lock part. Ill have to take a better look. I wonder what railway that is? Also could it be missing the little hinge cover on the front?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom