What's new

Slash & burn

watercolor

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
4,116
Reaction score
1,352
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slash & burn

Just read in yesterday's Daily Herald that the CCFPD will conduct up to 40 controlled burns this season.

These burns will. . .

". . . help restore the land, releasing nutrients from burned plants, assisting in seed
growth and allowing sunlight (among other things :thumbsup:) to reach the woodland floor".
 
Re: Slash & burn

LOL - It's about damn time!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Re: Slash & burn

Yeah, they ripped out a lot of Spring Lake last year, opened up some nice ground. Maybe they heard from some of us about how woods need to be burned out to survive sometimes. Some of the old areas along 59 have gotten so thick with undergrowth they've almost choked themselves to death. Some "preserve" eh?
 
Re: Slash & burn

They do it every year.

Ran into them on this hunt.
 

Attachments

  • fire4.webp
    fire4.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 227
Re: Slash & burn

Those woods don't look bad at all, are you sure they weren't destroying evidence... ;D
 
Re: Slash & burn

Nah Fiend, out there they keep the woods clear by clearing the clear woods. Maybe we could talk to them about heading into some of the city woods.
 
Re: Slash & burn

Man - could you imagine the stuff that could be found if the woods here were that clean!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Re: Slash & burn

I have often wondered though. Would the ash and chared wood conflict or give false signals to the detector? :icon_scratch:
 
Re: Slash & burn

I'm no chemist, but I'm pretty sure fire won't turn wood into metal. I don't know for sure, but I would rather just burn some crap wood and scan it before taking the time to look for the scientific answer. Heh.

I sure wouldn't mind hunting the camp after all of those weeds are gone, by fire or otherwise.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom