What's new

Slate rock found hidden in old home

Aedfors

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 23, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Omaha
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please help
 

Attachments

  • 15902667826277335866099621745627.webp
    15902667826277335866099621745627.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
  • 15902668283221978517023344555809.webp
    15902668283221978517023344555809.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
  • 15902668582711979718221617253038.webp
    15902668582711979718221617253038.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
They are still really dirty. That after washing thick mud.
 
Upvote 0
Is it something good or valuable by chance? Or is it nothing special? I should clean the better. This house is old... Probably almost 100 years15902675374652429228162165621478.webp
 
Upvote 0
Could they be pieces of a slate floor or counter top that they were cutting to make the floor Just my 1 cent cause I cant afford 2 cents Hope you get an Id interesting find for sure.......Tommy
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to tnet also
 
Upvote 0
Slate was, and still is a common building material . there's so much slate here in my area we even pave our driveways with it.
 
Upvote 0
Welcome. I'd also say building materials. I have a bunch outside serving as a walkway.
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet from Toronto Aedfors! :hello:

I remember my grandfather used to save pieces of slate in his basement that he would pick up at work... he was grave headstone carver.
He always said, "I'll find a use for them one day"... although he never did. :laughing7:

Dave
 
Upvote 0
Looks like shingles off of a slate roof.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom