Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many people rant about the Nel sharpshooter on the f series machines. I use the 5" hockey puck and it is great in iron infested spots while still retaining good depth.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 5" Fisher DD is great in trashy areas and gets crazy depth for it's size. I do have the nel sharpshooter and normally start most old yard permissions with it. If the the yard seems to have fewer targets than expected I install the stock DD. When I am out in fields I use my 12"x15" butterfly coil with my makeshift harness and if I get tired of swinging it I use the stock DD.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the 6.5" oval (concentric) that is a great coil for very trash sites. Also handy in weeds and undergrowth or grown-in foundations.

Also a NEL Sharpshooter coil (9.5" x 5.5" DD) that is smaller than the original flounder skeleton stock coil and a great all-around coil.

I went ahead and got a spare lower shaft and keep the 6.5" on one and the Sharpshooter on the other. Haven't used the original 11" stock coil in years.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread