small West Texas Triangles

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flinty Ones, I was just organizing a bit and thought I'd post these. They're from Terrell and Pecos counties. Found along I-10 out in the middle of nowhere several years ago. I took a few days off and just drove west following my gut. Just got out and walked canyons untill I couldn't go anymore. Saw an Ocelot , a mountain lion, wetbacks on the run and a pile of Turds near a cave from what must have been a sasquatch. Quite a memorable trip. Enjoy ya'll G.

Attachments

• small desert triangles.JPG
    small desert triangles.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a fun adventure. Nice points found in your journey. Ever wonder what was in that cave?

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Nice looking points dude. Sounds like an interesting trip for sure...think it was the sasquatch that dropped that load lol. " Flinty ones " I like that.

OP
OP
Lone Star

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, The cave was little more than a depression in the side of the mesa. I could see the back of it. I don't like spiders and snakes, much less those pesky scorpians so I didn't go in very far. There was a blackened ceiling at the front, indicative of ancient habitation. Some day I may go back there and dig a bit with a hand screen. Happy Easter. G.

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
been thinking of going to west texas would like a place to search.i'm here in corpus and would be willing to show you around here if your ever in the area

Attachments

• Copy+of+DSC04394.JPG
    Copy+of+DSC04394.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC01823.JPG
    DSC01823.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 123

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread