Sniper Coil Depth Comparison Data Between The AT Pro And The AT Gold

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I have always enjoyed using the 4.5 inch sniper coil on the Garrett GTI and ACE Series detectors. Many silver coins were found in hard to get into places where an eight inch coil just wouldn't fit. Although the depth of this coil is very good, the coil really does a tremendous job working along chain link fences, along sidewalks with re-bar and of course playground equipment. It also works well in very trashy areas. I did an air test tonite using both the AT Pro & AT Gold. The targets were moved over the coil at a moderate speed, and the distance was measured at the point of a repeatable signal. Although it is just an air test, and the results will differ from a field hunt, the percentages of depth with targets should remain the same. To maintain a high rate of reliability, the coil itself remained static in the exact location, with no change of the lighting in the room. Below is a histogram representing my results. Study it carefully......you should discover some interesting observations. :)

snipercoilAIRTEST.jpg

snipercoilgraph.jpg

Attachments

• at gold face.jpg
    at gold face.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 405
  • at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 955
  • at gold face.jpg
    at gold face.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 408
  • at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 960

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting , John , would like to see a similar comparison with the 8x5 ?? coil , also . Had an AT Pro early last year and traded my father in law for a double barrel shotgun and am planning on getting another within a month from now .

Mac

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice post John! That should help lots of people!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread