What's new

Sniper coil for E trac

Toothpick

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2013
Messages
480
Reaction score
1,017
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked thru a bunch of old posts going back to 2010 and it seems the Sunray X5 is the choice for many folks for hunting in heavy trash areas.

Is the round X-5 still the coil of choice or do you prefer the oval type coils? 4x7 etc

Or which is a better sniper coil for the E trac in general...round or oval??

Thanks
 
I have the Sunray X-5, and love it for trashy parks. Also have Coiltec 10x5 that I love too, little more depth, but not quite the seperation. I like both
 
Agreed, both of those coils work great.
 
I like the X-8 and now have just got a 6x8 SEF. I never cared for how small the x5 was. Another good coil is the Coiltek 6" coil
 
I like the X-8 and now have just got a 6x8 SEF. I never cared for how small the x5 was. Another good coil is the Coiltek 6" coil

I just picked up the Coiltek 6" for my E-trac. Should be here sometime next week. I have been eyeballing the 6x8 SEF. Can anyone give a breakdown of the performance differences in these two coils?
 
I agree the x5 is small, but in my case that is what I am looking for- maximum target separation in the heavy junk.

After reading tons of comments and watching lots of Vids, I decided to go with a x5 on a new lower shaft.

Hopefully I will have it early next week.

I don't expect miracles as I am still learning the ins and outs of the Etrac, but by using this coil I should be forced to go slow and really concentrate on the sounds.
 
I just picked up the Coiltek 6" for my E-trac. Should be here sometime next week. I have been eyeballing the 6x8 SEF. Can anyone give a breakdown of the performance differences in these two coils?

I have piddled with my 6x8 in my yard and found a 72' quarter at 10" deep in a spot with lots of roofing nails with my Safari. I had hunted it the day before with the 11" stock coil but it must have been masked out. It rang loud and clear with the 6x8 SEF. I wish I had gotten the 6" Coiltek because it is a solid bottom coil. I like solid coils in wooded areas better for relic hunting.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom