What's new

So lets hear some Southern California Legends!

David Fontneau

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 17, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys so I am new from southern cali and I'm looking at planning a trip here locally and wanted hear some stories of local legends! Anything and everything qualifies thanks guys!
 
Hi David, I may not be much help if you're looking for stuff on land, but most of my research is into shipwrecks off the coast.

I've already traced down one: The San Pedro off Catalina Island

The next one I'm looking into is the San Jose, the third supply ship that never made it to San Diego to resupply Junipero Serra. You can search through google and these forums for the reported "Oceanside galleon" but there isn't really anything concrete except for this:

La Jolla Bell.webp

I've already begun my search, however the bell is not at the Presidio any longer and I'm having some problems finding it so I can take some pictures. The other problem is there is no Fern Street in La Jolla, but there is a Fern Glen. So yeah, the search continues.

May I suggest the book San Diego Legends by Jack Innis if you're into some San Diego stuff. The land stuff is a little out of my realm although i would love to find some Spanish markings one of these days.

Kevin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom