What's new

So much silver! pictures!

skyet

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
south jersey!
~545.00 bag of halves :) Pleasant tellers at all the bank promised to call me as their half bag fills up!

RESULTS:
$79.00 65-69
$57.50 65-69 BU (not really pictured closeup, but 2 rolls of the 64 BUs are)
$16.00 64's
$21.50 64 BU
$39.50 franklins!!
$31.50 walkers!!!!!!!

1x 92s proof
1x 93s SILVER proof
1 each very very nice 87p and 87d
1 beautiful 70d!!! my first!!

Also pictured in the group photo in the upper left is a small bag of foriegns/tokens.

I am not sure if I will ever be able to match this. These last two weeks have been really just unbelievable. I hope you all enjoy the pictures even 1% as much as I enjoyed finding all these :)

-skyet
 

Attachments

  • 2004_0107halves20003.webp
    2004_0107halves20003.webp
    57.2 KB · Views: 617
  • 2004_0107halves20005.webp
    2004_0107halves20005.webp
    41 KB · Views: 618
  • 2004_0107halves20006.webp
    2004_0107halves20006.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 608
  • 2004_0107halves20007.webp
    2004_0107halves20007.webp
    50.2 KB · Views: 600
  • 2004_0107halves20008.webp
    2004_0107halves20008.webp
    38.6 KB · Views: 609
  • 2004_0107halves20009.webp
    2004_0107halves20009.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 603
Upvote 0
You can get plastic coin tubes with lids at book stores. Look in the hobby section. They also sell loops.
 
ConGrats! That is amazing, I would be dancing up and down with joy if I found only ONE Walker! YOU GIVE ME HOPE MAN!! Lemme grab my canvas mint back and go down to the bank..
 
I was updating the tracking list with your finds, but I was hoping you could say if the 1942-S was a small mintmark or large mintmark.

If the S looks the same as the 1945-S it is the large mintmark.

Very very nice find btw.
 
That is just amazing results Ihope you can continue to get results like that but then again save some for the rest of us :)
WTG
Best Regards, Ray
 
Wow so you bought a bag from the stuff that people brought in and got all that?! I would be to worried that I would get the gone over leftovers of some jerk like me. :P
 
Quick Question:

Are these from the bag of the COINSTAR machine, or from ROLLS?
 
:o GOOD GRIEF... the find of a lifetime in CRHing, but what do you do for an encore... raid Ft. Knox?!!!

-eric
 
Sorry, took me a while to have time to reply

Raptor: Yeah, I have to pay for the foreigns/tokens in the bags :( At one bank they emptied the bag for me (~100) and separated out the halves from the junk - plus they let me grab whatever foriegn I wanted out of it. Every other time I've had to take the good with the bad, however one time I got about 15 sacs/SBA's in with the halves somehow, and since have found a couple more mixed in various bags. It's not all bad though, a lot of the foriegn is over fifty cents each (for example, today I got a 100$ mexican peso - a lil over 9$ USD, plus many many many canadian 2 dollar coins). So I think I come out close to even overall.

GMan: I think the 42-s is small mintmark. I compared it to 2 of the other s mints from that bunch and it certainly looks squished, so unless it's more subtle I would say small mintmark. Is there much of a difference in value or not that big a deal?

Neil: Coinstar type machines. I only have about 5 out of 40 branches of the bank left to search, so don't you go getting any ideas :P

Thanks for all the encouraging replies!! I found another fairly incredible bunch today (monday), although definitely nowhere near the volume of this one :)

-skyet
 
skyet said:
Neil: Coinstar type machines. I only have about 5 out of 40 branches of the bank left to search, so don't you go getting any ideas :P

-skyet

Skyet:

I have had a few killer roll hunts (recently I got 12 walkers, 7 Bens, and 13 - 40% out 30 rolls), but I still prefer to be outside digging in the dirt! A teller at one of your branches told me he had seen a very worn Seated Half not too long ago.

Good luck with your future hunts!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom