What's new

So no more Banner finds?????

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
287
Golden Thread
0
Location
Austin T.X.
I havent seen it up there for a while......Is it still something that is done on this site?
 
Banner is still up there....Go to "my stuff" and click on "layout" and make sure you don't have this box checked : "Hide Finds Banner"
 
Woodland Detectors said:
I think all the mods are on vacation... ::) :laughing7:

People that have made the honorable banners aren't getting their credits either...Dunno :dontknow:

I think they might be. I'm waiting on my "Charter" membership to take effect.
 
They're all too busy deleting harmless threads and posts to bother with petty banner finds, honourable mentions and memberships! :)
 
Dano Sverige said:
They're all too busy deleting harmless threads and posts to bother with petty banner finds, honourable mentions and memberships! :)
Dano you had 10,000 posts last week :o what have you been saying :o

SS
 
We often get asked about the criteria we use when selecting posts that appear in the TreasureNet masthead banner.... While we don't have any firm criteria, we follow these general guidelines...

Finds must be significant, and plausible.
Finds / posts must be RECENT.
Images must be hosted on the TreasureNet server.
Posts with great stories are more likely to be selected.
If the post is one of the members first posts, it is less likely to be selected.
Finds must look good in the banner.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/banner


Add to that, Items already on the Banner
do not get another Banner.

Most must not even look up.
We keep getting Banner reports for
items already up there

http://forum.treasurenet.com/featuredposts
 
jeff of pa said:
We often get asked about the criteria we use when selecting posts that appear in the TreasureNet masthead banner.... While we don't have any firm criteria, we follow these general guidelines...

Finds must be significant, and plausible.
Finds / posts must be RECENT.
Images must be hosted on the TreasureNet server.
Posts with great stories are more likely to be selected.
If the post is one of the members first posts, it is less likely to be selected.
Finds must look good in the banner.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/banner


Add to that, Items already on the Banner
do not get another Banner.

Most must not even look up.
We keep getting Banner reports for
items already up there

http://forum.treasurenet.com/featuredposts
How come this is not up there :icon_scratch:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,417445.0.html

SS
 
needs some work on the pics
in the first post
 
GEEZZZZZ this one sure took on a life of it's own..I just wondered how come it was not on top of my page anymore.......Thank you everyone
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0914.webp
    IMG_0914.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 323
  • psr1.webp
    psr1.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 318
Neogeo said:
GEEZZZZZ this one sure took on a life of it's own..I just wondered how come it was not on top of my page anymore.......Thank you everyone

NOLA_Ken had the same thought as I did.

Is it showing for you now?
 
DigginThePast said:
Neogeo said:
GEEZZZZZ this one sure took on a life of it's own..I just wondered how come it was not on top of my page anymore.......Thank you everyone

NOLA_Ken had the same thought as I did.

Is it showing for you now?
I had the same problem once, turned out to be a pop up blocker :icon_scratch:

SS
 
Silver Searcher said:
DigginThePast said:
Neogeo said:
GEEZZZZZ this one sure took on a life of it's own..I just wondered how come it was not on top of my page anymore.......Thank you everyone

NOLA_Ken had the same thought as I did.

Is it showing for you now?
I had the same problem once, turned out to be a pop up blocker :icon_scratch:

SS

If your security settings Block adds

the Banner disappears.

for some reason some Virus Protection
thinks the Banner pics are adds.

mcafee did that to me
 
jeff of pa said:
Silver Searcher said:
DigginThePast said:
Neogeo said:
GEEZZZZZ this one sure took on a life of it's own..I just wondered how come it was not on top of my page anymore.......Thank you everyone

NOLA_Ken had the same thought as I did.

Is it showing for you now?
I had the same problem once, turned out to be a pop up blocker :icon_scratch:

SS

If your security settings Block adds

the Banner disappears.

for some reason some Virus Protection
thinks the Banner pics are adds.

mcafee did that to me
Yep Macafee did that to me as well, till I uninstalled it :laughing9:

SS
 
I think the main problem with people hitting the "banner" button after an item is already up there is the same reason people answer on a thread before seeing it's 5 years old! They stumble across the thread and everyone else is shouting "I nominated you for the banner", so then they do too! :dontknow:

Question:
I see a lot of those "banner" calls and nominations, but many don't go up there, and as described above, you have your reasons, but....i rarely see a "Mod'" respond and say why not on the thread itself. Do you mail them and tell them why not? or inform them how to make their pic's/post more banner worthy?
See a lot of folk saying "why isn't this in the banner yet? and the original poster responding "dunno! :dontknow: "

Always seemed a little ig no rant to me, especially for new folk. Not trying to be a smarta$$ (for once lol) it's just something i've always found curious.
 
jeff of pa said:
We often get asked about the criteria we use when selecting posts that appear in the TreasureNet masthead banner.... While we don't have any firm criteria, we follow these general guidelines...

Finds must be significant, and plausible.
Finds / posts must be RECENT.
Images must be hosted on the TreasureNet server.
Posts with great stories are more likely to be selected.
If the post is one of the members first posts, it is less likely to be selected.
Finds must look good in the banner.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/banner


Add to that, Items already on the Banner
do not get another Banner.

Most must not even look up.
We keep getting Banner reports for
items already up there

http://forum.treasurenet.com/featuredposts
And most importantly I was told "Bling" is most desired.
 
Woodland Detectors said:
jeff of pa said:
We often get asked about the criteria we use when selecting posts that appear in the TreasureNet masthead banner.... While we don't have any firm criteria, we follow these general guidelines...

Finds must be significant, and plausible.
Finds / posts must be RECENT.
Images must be hosted on the TreasureNet server.
Posts with great stories are more likely to be selected.
If the post is one of the members first posts, it is less likely to be selected.
Finds must look good in the banner.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/banner


Add to that, Items already on the Banner
do not get another Banner.

Most must not even look up.
We keep getting Banner reports for
items already up there

http://forum.treasurenet.com/featuredposts
And most importantly I was told "Bling" is most desired.

? .... only in my finds count
 
when I vote banner,I take into account the historical importance of a find regardless of value.
and especially if Item was found in area where developement would soon destroy the artifact.
HH,Mont
 
???

There is a lot of inconsistency as to what goes on the Banner :-\

SS
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom