If you were driving down the road and saw thousands of dollars lying on the ground what would you do?
1. Pull over and collect the money, thinking this is your lucky day.
2. Pull over and call 911.
3. Pull over and collect the money, thinking about number 1 or 2.
4. None of the above.
5. All of the above.
6. Only #1.
7. Only #2.
8. Both #1 and #2.
Sorry, I just could not resist. LOL
Wonder how many people helped the police collect the money?
Also wonder what will the police do with the money if no one calls in to claim it?
From the article I get the impression that the 'driver' who called it in did not stop to pick up any of the money, he just called the police and told them there was a lot of money on the side of the road. Since he, the driver, called it in, is he not the finder of the money and entitled to it if no one claims it?
What do you think?
I think I would have stopped and collected all the money I could find and turned it in with the expectation that if no one claimed it, I would have a legitimate claim to it.
Ray S ECenFL