What's new

Soil Temp. Mapping

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,661
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those who aren't as fortunate to live in the south/southwest. Soil temps play a big part (Frozen) if we go out and hunt or not. I use this mapping service for 'Shroomin, in which soil temps are pivotal. I thought maybe this could help.
GreenCast
 
The soil temperature for Rochester,Mn. is not correct.

3-5-14 001.webp3-5-14 005.webp
 
I don't pay much attention to soil temp. I just go out once the snow is most melted, and start on sunny south facing slopes since these tend to thaw first. Its great if these happen to be sliding hills because stuff is near the top. Usually within a few days most places will be good for a few inches of digging.

Rodger, that's sort of what my yard in central Minn looks like too, but nearly a foot of melt in the last week. My goal is to be out hunting by April 1.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom