What's new

Some clad, 14K gold, and a 1903 Barber dime

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just returned from a vacation in Virginia with friends and had the first three days of heavy rain. They live in an area that was really hit hard and had a lot of flooding so we didn't get outside the house for the first three days. The fourth day we were able to get out and drive a little but there was still much flooding. The fifth day we made a trip to Virginia beach with our friends and I was able to get in a couple of hours detecting. I found a small pile of clad $4.90 , a cheap brooch, two Canadian coins, and a 14K Star of David pendant. It is pictured beside a quarter to show the size. It appears to be hand made and is not marked, but it tests better than 14K and less than 18K. I was pleased to see some gold. The last item is a 1903 Barber dime that I pulled a rookie stunt on and damaged it with my digger. This dime was found at a local park before we left on vacation. I didn't want the impression that it was found at the beach. Really ticked at myself! It would have been a pretty nice one without the damage. Its not the first time that happened and probably won't be the last. Thanks for looking. Happy hunting and keep on swinging that coil. IMG_0001.webpIMG_0002.webpIMG_0004.webpIMG_0005.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 26
That's a great day finding the best of both worlds.
 
That dime looks to be in SS condition. Or Slightly Scratched. Nice coin though and congrats on the gold
 
That's a beautiful medallion congrats on your finds


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Congratulations on your finds. Sorry about the scratch, it's part of our hobby, but it always hurts.
 
I need to clarify that the dime was dug at home in a local park before we went to the beach. It was not found at the beach.
Just returned from a vacation in Virginia with friends and had the first three days of heavy rain. They live in an area that was really hit hard and had a lot of flooding so we didn't get outside the house for the first three days. The fourth day we were able to get out and drive a little but there was still much flooding. The fifth day we made a trip to Virginia beach with our friends and I was able to get in a couple of hours detecting. I found a small pile of clad $4.90 , a cheap brooch, two Canadian coins, and a 14K Star of David pendant. It is pictured beside a quarter to show the size. It appears to be hand made and is not marked, but it tests better than 14K and less than 18K. I was pleased to see some gold. The last item is a 1903 Barber dime that I pulled a rookie stunt on and damaged it with my digger. This dime was found at a local park before we left on vacation. I didn't want the impression that it was found at the beach. Really ticked at myself! It would have been a pretty nice one without the damage. Its not the first time that happened and probably won't be the last. Thanks for looking. Happy hunting and keep on swinging that coil.View attachment 1363130View attachment 1363131View attachment 1363132View attachment 1363133
 
John, that Star of David pendant is really amazing--looks like a one-of-a-kind! Congrats! -Lisa & John
 
I agree with you. It was well made and is kind of unique. Thank you.
John, that Star of David pendant is really amazing--looks like a one-of-a-kind! Congrats! -Lisa & John
 
Looks like some nice finds to me congrats
 
Nice finds! Gold and silver is awesome! Congrats and HH
 
You had a very nice time topped off with some beautiful finds!
 
Good going on the gold and silver.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Congrats on those 2 sweet hunts John. :occasion14: Sorry to hear about all that rain you had to endure. Wish we had more of it this past summer.
 
We really need rain here in Pa too. It looks like the forecast for later this week might give up some rain. Thanks Loco.
Congrats on those 2 sweet hunts John. :occasion14: Sorry to hear about all that rain you had to endure. Wish we had more of it this past summer.
 
I love looking at others peoples finds. Gets me stoked to go out and treasure hunt! Thanks for sharing
 
Excellent finds! Is there an S mintmark on that barber dime?
 
That is one beautiful and unique gold pendant! Great assortment of saves. Thank you for sharing!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom