ScubaFinder
Bronze Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Hi gang, this is my first post in bottles and glass, though we find lots of them. Recently, we found what I think is an 1800's Dutch wreck here in the Dominican Republic. It has hundreds of interesting bottles at the site, so we brought a few up for cleaning and I thought I would share the pics with you guys. Of course, my hope is that you fine folks can offer me some hints as to the general age of these. These are what we have always called Ginger Beer bottles, stoneware and generally glazed a tan color. Sorry about all of the coral, it comes off with time, and often we leave it on to add to the authenticity of a shipwreck artifact.
If nothing else, enjoy some bottles from the bottom of the sea. And thanks in advance for any assistance.
Jason
Scale is in Centimeters facing the bottles.




This is a closeup of the stamp. Blankenheyms Zeeroudegenever is the text.

If nothing else, enjoy some bottles from the bottom of the sea. And thanks in advance for any assistance.
Jason
Scale is in Centimeters facing the bottles.




This is a closeup of the stamp. Blankenheyms Zeeroudegenever is the text.

We have 4000 artifacts wating for division......



I'm guessing about 1/3 of those will end up in our hands. Can't seem to find the picture of all of our glass artifacts. Next time I'm in Santo domingo I'll snap one for you.
anyway there you go , Blindpig






