What's new

Someone grabed the detector from my wife while detecting the beach!

JohnnieWalker

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2009
Messages
260
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
My wife and I were detecting the beach a few months ago. A young boy ran up and grabbed the detector right out of her hand and tried to run off with it!

He was just a young kid and didn't get far as my wife had a leash on it using the headphone cord!

The kids mom ran over and said, "that's not polite, you cant take that!" The kid response was, I want a metal detector!

LOL, Just another reason to use headphones!
 
Upvote 0
I don't care HOW old the kid was, if my kid did that, I can [size=13pt]ASSURE[/size] you, he wouldn't want to even HEAR the words metal detector again!!!
 
This all starts because inappropriate behavior isn't complained about properly and in a timely manner. These little brats are allowed to terrorize all too often. I can't tell you how many times one of these little demons has ruined a nice quiet dinner that my wife and I were trying to enjoy. Or even at the grocery store or some other public place. People don't want to get involved. Especially when its just noise. As they get away with all the screaming and whining, soon they know they can go to another level without getting in trouble.

Stand up for your rights! When they are making inappropriate noise I go right to the parent and say
" PLEASE CONTROL YOUR CHILD"!! Many act annoyed as to who are you to tell me what to do? I usually reply someone needs to. Sometimes I add in the classic quote about children should be seen and not heard. Like many of your here if I didn't obey I would catch it RED HOT. That meant the switch which in our case was an antique style metal fly swater.

I have never had a kid try to grab the detector but had an incident where several kids would steal the coin if they could see it before I got my hands on it. Since there were no parents around and they wouldn't leave me alone I just left.

Once again, the way to stop this is to complain loudly anytime there is a problem. Even if its only noise.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom