What's new

✅ SOLVED Something else I cannot ID

smokeythecat

Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
20,926
Reaction score
41,158
Golden Thread
10
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
10
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this today on a farm field where a Civil War battle took place. It is made of cast brass, tapers at the end and has the square "tab" on the other end. Diameter is about 3/4" at thickest part. Ideas? IMG_2760.webp It just has a blunt end, does not appear to be broken on the round part. There is no curvature to it. Of course it could be 20 years old too, but unlikely with that patina.
 
I have no idea on it either. It is also a little "out of round" and file marks are still visible.
 
Upvote 0
Well, I think I got an accurate ID. A brass knapper for shaping gun flints. 18th or early 19th century. There were contact period Indian items on the site, but this is a RARE THING!!!!!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom