What's new

Sov XS Coinsearch 8 coil waterproofing?

shojo510

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2013
Messages
34
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Scorpion Stinger, White's XLT, Sovereign XS, Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All,

Looking at picking up a Sov XS which has the coinsearch 8" coil. I am picking up for beach use and I have read that the coinsearch coil is water resistant not water proof.

Wondering if it's worth trying to water tight it a little at the connector or if a different coil is called for immediately?

Planning on low tide hunts, so ankle to knee depth.

not sure if this is the right place to post this...

Thanks in advance!
 
Upvote 0
No, the white solid middle coin search is not WP

You may want to try neverwet....or some kind of rubber handle dip on the complete coil
 
Thanks for that, I did read something where they put some shoe goo under the washer where the wire attaches and then tightened the nut onto it...haven't heard of neverwet. Is that a wax coating product?

Any advice on where to get a good used cool for the sov? Seem pretty pricey...anyone know any vendors with used coils or parts?

Thanks again.
 
Thanks for that, I did read something where they put some shoe goo under the washer where the wire attaches and then tightened the nut onto it...haven't heard of neverwet. Is that a wax coating product?

Any advice on where to get a good used cool for the sov? Seem pretty pricey...anyone know any vendors with used coils or parts?

Thanks again.



That NeverWet Spray looks pretty cool. I wonder how many coats for a reliable barrier and if it would last close to the year their talking about for longevity between coats??

Anyone have experience with the water proofing with a plastic dip or bedliner product?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom