What's new

Spanish silver.

65vanman

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2025
Messages
455
Reaction score
3,096
Golden Thread
0
Location
Meriden CT.
Detector(s) used
Minelab manticore/ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This morning I went to a park where a friend told me that he had found a couple King George coppers. I found a 1781 half reale,two memorial cents,one clad quarter. Then I went back to the farm fields and I found three buckles, crotal bell,horse shoe pin,musket ball,broken arrow head, aluminum measuring spoon, not sure what other piece is.
1000001534.webp
1000001532.webp
 
Upvote 36
Yes. I have found 17 pieces of Spanish silver in CT.
Awesome! I want to hunt the coast. Might give it a shot soon. Have a few permissions lined up.
 
Awesome! I want to hunt the coast. Might give it a shot soon. Have a few permissions lined up.
I found a1659 one reale Cobb along the shore. The same day my friend found a 1660 two real cobb.
 
Outstanding finds
Congratulations
 
This morning I went to a park where a friend told me that he had found a couple King George coppers. I found a 1781 half reale,two memorial cents,one clad quarter. Then I went back to the farm fields and I found three buckles, crotal bell,horse shoe pin,musket ball,broken arrow head, aluminum measuring spoon, not sure what other piece is. View attachment 2264898View attachment 2264899
Spanish silver doesn't pop out of the ground very often. You did great. Congrats!
 
Very cool finds
 
Nice job on that Spanish silver and the rest of your finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom