Metal Mick

Greenie
Jun 1, 2013
Northwest CT
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been detecting with my Garrett 250 for about a year now in CT. I am very anxious for spring. I live in the Northwest corner, Litchfield County..
I have found a few silver spoons, an 1885 Indian Head and a few other things, but mostly junk. Being snow bound I'm trying to plan my hunting grounds accordingly and wonder if anyone has any good idea's of some local CT grounds to hit for spring? I've had luck by old tree's but unfortunately so many roots, lots of gold readings in this one area but whenever I dig I hit big roots. Anyone believe there might be gold under the roots or is it just minerals? I'm a newbie and really need some good finds to boost my enthusiasm. I'm open to all and any advice! Thank You

Upvote 0

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are in a historic area. It's there, you just have to find it. Success = location, location, location. You are on the right track by researching. Okay, sometimes great finds are just pure luck, it happens.

My best advice, move south where you can hunt all year. I know that is what I would like to do!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I hit an old baseball field there back in 74.....SILVER CITY!!!:laughing7:

If I recall right,it was pretty darn close to a golf course.

GOD Bless

Chris

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most easily accessed places ( parks, schools, playgrounds) have been worked to death. I find it helpful to think outside of the box, and research out of the way locations. Wooded areas that are off the beaten path can be surprisingly productive, and tend to hold older coins/ relics. HH

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of targets ID as gold few are.
I've been detecting with my Garrett 250 for about a year now in CT. I am very anxious for spring. I live in the Northwest corner, Litchfield County..
I have found a few silver spoons, an 1885 Indian Head and a few other things, but mostly junk. Being snow bound I'm trying to plan my hunting grounds accordingly and wonder if anyone has any good idea's of some local CT grounds to hit for spring? I've had luck by old tree's but unfortunately so many roots, lots of gold readings in this one area but whenever I dig I hit big roots. Anyone believe there might be gold under the roots or is it just minerals? I'm a newbie and really need some good finds to boost my enthusiasm. I'm open to all and any advice! Thank You

Gi_Jungle

Aug 17, 2012
Glenville,NY
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites Spectrum XLT, Pro Pointer
Well, I live and work in NY (military) and my wife works in Canaan ct. I know of a couple of places. Shoot me a pm with some contact info next time I head out that way I'll give you a call. First we need the snow gone

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread