Ryan1979
Full Member
- Joined
- Mar 8, 2007
- Messages
- 151
- Reaction score
- 1
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- St. Paul, MN
- Detector(s) used
- Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, ACE250
Started CRH'ing Again!
Well, I have been out of action as far as coin roll hunting goes for quite some time. With this current economic mess, I figured I better get back in the groove and accumulate some silver.
So, my local bank will order any change I want with no fees. I ordered $1000 worth and paid for them when they came in. (2) $500 boxes.
The first box was kind of a disappointing start. My 4 year old tore the wrappers off the coins and I searched. We didn't find a single thing worth keeping in that first box. All of the coins were newer than 1980, which I found kind of odd. Nothing from the 70's.
The second box was just the opposite with only coins from the 60's and 70's. Very weird to say the least. I ended up with 8 40%ers in the second box (all from the 60's). All of the other coins in that box were from the 70's.
So, I'm off to a good start, at least I didn't get skunked, right?
So, now I have to find a dump bank. I opened a savings account at a bank on my way to work. I brought the coins in and they were more than happy to take them off my hands, which was surprising. She even called me on my cell phone after I left and told me that if I was still looking to search some more halves that they had $360 worth in the vault that have "been in there for years".
Me thinks that I need to stop at my dump bank tomorrow on the way through!! We'll have to see what those mysterious rolls hold there!!
Well, I have been out of action as far as coin roll hunting goes for quite some time. With this current economic mess, I figured I better get back in the groove and accumulate some silver.

So, my local bank will order any change I want with no fees. I ordered $1000 worth and paid for them when they came in. (2) $500 boxes.
The first box was kind of a disappointing start. My 4 year old tore the wrappers off the coins and I searched. We didn't find a single thing worth keeping in that first box. All of the coins were newer than 1980, which I found kind of odd. Nothing from the 70's.
The second box was just the opposite with only coins from the 60's and 70's. Very weird to say the least. I ended up with 8 40%ers in the second box (all from the 60's). All of the other coins in that box were from the 70's.
So, I'm off to a good start, at least I didn't get skunked, right?
So, now I have to find a dump bank. I opened a savings account at a bank on my way to work. I brought the coins in and they were more than happy to take them off my hands, which was surprising. She even called me on my cell phone after I left and told me that if I was still looking to search some more halves that they had $360 worth in the vault that have "been in there for years".
Me thinks that I need to stop at my dump bank tomorrow on the way through!! We'll have to see what those mysterious rolls hold there!!
Upvote
0







