Started out good, but!!

AzHal

May 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Got up this morning rip roaring to go hit some yard sales and then in the afternoon off to the desert to do some nugget hunting md'ing. Went to a few yard sales that had the typical junk and found an estate sale. At the Estate sale found a 14kt gold filled necklace and pendant along with another 16" 12kt gold filled chain for a quarter a piece ;D. Ran into a friend of mine their and he had beaten me to two magnifing glasses that can set on a table and you adjust the arm on it so you dont have to hold it all of the time. I was able to con him out of one of them and it is great for looking at coins.
So I thought to myself this is going to be a good day at the yard sales starting out finding gold. Stopped filled my jeep up with gas to get ready to go out to the desert and start md'ing for gold nuggets. Went to about 3 more sales that had nothing but junk, at the last sale went back to the jeep and it wouldn't start >:(. Tried jumping it but no luck my headlights would not even come on. Checked the battery real good and it had a charge but was not getting voltage to the ignition :icon_scratch:. The ignition ended up breaking off in my hand so had to call a tow truck to come get my butt and take me home with my tale in between my legs. The good news was it hapened in town and not out in the desert .

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
AzHal said:
Got up this morning rip roaring to go hit some yard sales and then in the afternoon off to the desert to do some nugget hunting md'ing. Went to a few yard sales that had the typical junk and found an estate sale. At the Estate sale found a 14kt gold filled necklace and pendant along with another 16" 12kt gold filled chain for a quarter a piece ;D. Ran into a friend of mine their and he had beaten me to two magnifing glasses that can set on a table and you adjust the arm on it so you dont have to hold it all of the time. I was able to con him out of one of them and it is great for looking at coins.
So I thought to myself this is going to be a good day at the yard sales starting out finding gold. Stopped filled my jeep up with gas to get ready to go out to the desert and start md'ing for gold nuggets. Went to about 3 more sales that had nothing but junk, at the last sale went back to the jeep and it wouldn't start >:(. Tried jumping it but no luck my headlights would not even come on. Checked the battery real good and it had a charge but was not getting voltage to the ignition :icon_scratch:. The ignition ended up breaking off in my hand so had to call a tow truck to come get my butt and take me home with my tale in between my legs. The good news was it hapened in town and not out in the desert .
so nice when the car breaks near help

stretrod48

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2009
AzHal said:

The 1st thing I would do is check and do a though cleaning and tightening of the battery cables and be sure the ground cable is really clean and getting a good ground to the frame. This is often the problem.
Dean

OP
OP
AzHal

AzHal

May 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
My problem ended up being high resistance in battery cable going to the starter relay and also a bad starter. But the problem is fixed now and I am ready to get out and do some nugget hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread