What's new

State Quarters

mlayers

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
5,579
Reaction score
429
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This last year I wanted to see how many different quarters I could find. I found one of those maps of the U.S. where you put the quarter in the state that it was made for. I found 37 different quarters out of the 50. Just wonder if anyone else dose this. This year I made a pledge to get out more on the detecting as I didn't get out as often as I wanted last year........Matt
 
I have them all and also the territories. They are not uncirculated however, but in excellent condition. I asked one of the members here to swap them with me until we had them all. He got most of his with the Philidelphia mint mark and my area of the country had the Denver mint mark, so I guess I really have two sets? I doubt they will be worth more than face value in my life time but it was fun to collect them. Maybe one day one of my grandkids or great grandkids will be able to realize some value from them when I am gone? Monty
 
These are the ones that I have found detecting. I haven't even looked at the mint marks......Matt
 
If you seriously want to collect them , you can order complete uncirculated sets. If they ever are worth anything, the uncirculated ones will be the ones that have the most value. They were made at both mints and you have to have both mints if you want a complete set. Monty
 
I started and lost interest. You can buy a proof set for $$$$. I've seen them advertised. That may be the easier route ::)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom