Yeah, it digs great in the wet sand but a full scoop is heavy.
I agree that it's pretty heavy when it's full of wet sand, but I've been able to handle it OK.
However, it's also not too tough to dig slightly shallower than a full scoop each time, so you reduce
the amount of wet sand you have to lift. I like having the option of digging a full scoop or
a partial scoop (maybe two-thirds full), depending on the situation and how tired I am.
A smaller scoop doesn't give you the option of digging the equivalent of a full 720i scoop.
But the full wet scoop (out of the water) definitely makes the lift assist handle desirable.
By the way, I bought the 48" handle with mine, in spite of the fact that I'm tall (6'6", which
is about 198.5 cm, for you metric people). I bought the shorter handle because I didn't
think the 54" handle would fit in the trunk of my car. I was right. The 48" handle allows
it to fit with only a couple of inches of clearance. I've only been hunting so far in wet sand
and very shallow water (up to about one foot deep), but the shorter handle has been fine
for that, for me anyway. Maybe when I use it in chest deep water or deeper, I'll regret
having the shorter handle, but so far, so good.
--Tom