What's new

Steel Pennies?

airborne1092

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
633
Reaction score
649
Golden Thread
0
Location
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What gives?

I have a '44 steel penny. Are these pennies fairly common, all things considered?
 
Upvote 0
uh, yea - :tongue3:

My bad!

Yes, it IS a 43D steel penny.

I appologize to have given anyone a heart attack!
 
ab the steel pennies are pretty hard to find in circulation. For example I have found 1 indian head and probably 400-500 wheats since I been searching and havent found one. A cashier where I work found two on my day off awhile back BLAH lol They are a great historical peice nonetheless though.

Also the 44 and 45 pennies were made from WW2 shell casings. They dont hold any premium above other wheats really. But how interesting is it to think where all the metal in one of these pennies has traveled.

Good luck on your hunting!

-K
 
I have found 4 steel pennies in the last year out of circulation. I'm still looking for a 43S though.
 
Also the 44 and 45 pennies were made from WW2 shell casings.

That is fascinating, and I did not know that. Very cool information, thank you.
 
I've found over 50 steel pennies since April on the magnets of the machines at my dump banks.
 
Markmopar,













you suck. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom