What's new

Sterling Silver Spoon

wx5jcp

Greenie
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ponca City, OK
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SharpShooter II
Primary Interest:
Other
A colleague of mine found this Sterling Silver spoon in her yard in Warner-Robbins, GA when she was a kid. She never came across anything else. She has also never been able to locate anything matching it. I weighed it and it has about $30 of spot value. I was wondering if anyone else knew anything about it and if it has more real value.
 

Attachments

  • Ponca City-20120224-00023.webp
    Ponca City-20120224-00023.webp
    157.4 KB · Views: 604
  • Ponca City-20120224-00024.webp
    Ponca City-20120224-00024.webp
    146.4 KB · Views: 441
  • Ponca City-20120224-00025.webp
    Ponca City-20120224-00025.webp
    138.7 KB · Views: 442
I tried to get a clear image but it was so small I couldnt even see it with my own eyes. The third image is showing a rose or flower design on it.
 
The hallmarks were so small, I couldnt get my Canon DSLR to resolve it. Using my jewelers loupe, I was able to see a crown, and M and what appears to be a dove. I wished I could get a better image of it..
 
Also, there were the capital letters MED just before the hallmark and Sterling after the mark...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom