Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all,

Over the past few weeks i had been involved in what started out as a missing persons case, then over time it turned into a murder case without the victims body being found. i got to help a family, meet people i otherwise would of never even crossed paths with, even though we for the most part are all from this big college town here , Gainesville. One time in particular i got the chance to go out early in the case a cpl weeks ago, and was part of a group assigned to a couple police officers, i got to talking to one of them, and for the life of me can't remember his name, but we struck up a conversation,( as we did quite often as we were sometimes walking for miles looking along roads, ditches,etc , so talking to each other sure made time go by fast.) He and i began talking about this particular park we were searching, i asked if detecting was legal in city parks as there is no real written law on it, only if it states no digging he said. He then went onto talking about how he just bought a Metal Detector (ace250) i believe from kellyco, not sure, he and i talked for a little bit, i know several other officers and im in the midst of tracking him down as i invited him over here to the forums and to the florida hunt, but he and I didn't get a chance to finish our conversation.
Really the moral of this story is you just never know who you will get to meet and bring to this great hobby, i even got the chance to discuss some MD techniques with some of the crime scene folks, I think we all learned a bit from one another.

I have learned to value family, friends, and life over the past month, with my families involvement, and the day after day to search for Christian, as i am writing this the family is awaiting confirmation of some remains found about 30 sw of gainesville, and its about 97% certain it is their sons body. Please pray for his family , and continued strength they are needing for the trial ahead. RIP Christian Aguilar
10602_115026941986396_1806609675_n.jpg

a cpl pics , one friend took, the other i took.

SprintPhoto_bq55g3.jpg
SprintPhoto_bqccbi.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions