alexfm123 Full Member Joined Nov 17, 2009 Messages 121 Reaction score 6 Golden Thread 0 Location Far West Texas Nov 19, 2009 Thread Owner #1 Hi everyone, Im kinda new here, and I had posted this in the coin roll hunting section, partly because thats how I came across it. It was mentioned that I should try posting it here to see if any of you guys know what it is. Thanks, Alex. Attachments whaet penny error obv 2.webp 14.5 KB · Views: 489 wheat penny error rev 2.webp 11.1 KB · Views: 492 whaet penny error obv 2.webp 14.5 KB · Views: 489 wheat penny error rev 2.webp 11.1 KB · Views: 478
Hi everyone, Im kinda new here, and I had posted this in the coin roll hunting section, partly because thats how I came across it. It was mentioned that I should try posting it here to see if any of you guys know what it is. Thanks, Alex.
West Jersey Detecting Gold Member Joined Oct 23, 2006 Messages 5,249 Reaction score 1,102 Golden Thread 1 Location Philadelphia Area 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE Primary Interest: Other Nov 19, 2009 #2 I think that was gouged out, after the coin was well circulated.
oddcoins Bronze Member Joined Jun 21, 2006 Messages 2,429 Reaction score 697 Golden Thread 0 Location Eugene Oregon Detector(s) used Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe Nov 22, 2009 #3 Neil in West Jersey said: I think that was gouged out, after the coin was well circulated. Click to expand... Yeah, that's not a true mint-made error coin. It was damaged outside the mint. It has no numismatic or collector value.
Neil in West Jersey said: I think that was gouged out, after the coin was well circulated. Click to expand... Yeah, that's not a true mint-made error coin. It was damaged outside the mint. It has no numismatic or collector value.
rjw4law Bronze Member Joined Apr 25, 2007 Messages 1,589 Reaction score 184 Golden Thread 0 Location Missouri Detector(s) used AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Nov 22, 2009 #4 Someone was trying to carve it out at one point in time.